Cadet ProgramBack to Community Outreach Page
The Orland Fire District is now accepting applications for its Cadet Program. The program is looking for individuals between the ages of 16-21 who have an interest in a Fire Service or Emergency Medical Services career. Cadets will be taught firefighting skills and knowledge based on the current Illinois OSFM standards for Basic Operations Firefighter through both online course work and hands on practical training on Saturday mornings according to the program schedule. If interested, please fill out an application located (liked above) and turn in to the Fire District’s Administrative Office (9790 W. 151st Street, Orland Park, IL 60462) by Friday, February 17th, at 4 p.m.
For any questions or further information please email one of our instructors.
LT Girdick– J.Girdick@orlandfire.org
FF Salazar– I.Salazar@orlandfire.org
- Experiencing a taste of the day-to-day life of a firefighter / paramedic
- Exploring fire service as a career
- Providing opportunity for individuals 16-21 years old to get involved in the fire service and the community
- Providing training that will assist individuals in obtaining a position as a career firefighter / paramedic
- FF II basic training – Regular program of 280 hours in 28 subject areas
- Instruction in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Ride time on ambulance for EMT / paramedic
- Sponsorship for EMT / paramedic school
- Supervised “ride-a-long” as observer