Telecommunicator (Full-time / Part-time)Back to Careers Page
Orland Central Dispatch (Orland Fire Protection District) located in Cook County, Illinois is Now Accepting Applications for the position of Telecommunicator (Full-time / Part-time). Orland Central Dispatch is a multi-jurisdictional 9-1-1 dispatch center located in Orland Park, Illinois. We receive 9-1-1 calls from primary PSAP’s and dispatch fire and emergency medical calls. Duties involve answering 9-1-1 calls, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via a computer-aided dispatch terminal, and answering administrative and non-emergency lines. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
- Ability to speak clear articulate English
- Full range of hearing in both ears
The position supports a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation and applicants must have the desire and ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in public-safety dispatching
- Multi-line telephone equipment
- Fast paced, computerized customer service experience
- Flexibility, split ear and multi-tasking are paramount
Applicants must successfully pass applicant testing, a keystroke/typing test, and an oral board interview. After placement on the eligibility list, candidates must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment medical examination, including but not limited to vision and hearing standards, and comprehensive drug testing to assure satisfactory performance of the essential functions of the job.
All applicants are required to take entrance placement exam; Exam will be taken after applicant turns in resume. Please allow 2 hours for test taking, appointments will be made by Director Neumann via email.
Contact Director William Neumann via email only at email@example.com; no phone calls.
- Testing process will remain open until January 31st, 2017