2015 Firefighter ApplicationsBack to Careers Page
Applications are available at recruitment.iosolutions.org until June 25, 2015.
The application deadline is June 25, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $35.00 Non-Refundable application fee;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age, unless previously a full-time Firefighter in Illinois as noted under state statute (65 IL 5/10-2.1-7.1), at the time of the written examination;
- U.S. Citizen and resident of the U.S. for a period of one (1) year prior to the date of the examination, July 25, 2015 (appointed candidates are granted one (1) year to establish residency within a 65-mile geographic area beyond the District boundaries);
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record (valid Illinois driver’s license at time of hire);
- Applicants must become EMT-P certified/licensed by the State of Illinois at the time of conditional offer of employment;
- Applicants must possess a Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter certification from the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal at the time of conditional offer of employment;
- Proof of completion of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and proof of passing the Ladder Climb Test with any licensed agency issued not more than 12 months prior to the written exam date (July 25, 2015). CPAT and Ladder Climb certification must also be valid at time of employment offer;
- CPAT and Ladder Climb tests are offered by the Northeastern Illinois Pubic Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA), or the Southwestern United Fire District (SUFD). For registration and information about dates and fees, contact one of the following facilities:
- NIPSTA – Glenview, IL – www.nipsta.org or (847)998-8090
- SUFD – Darien, IL – www.sufd.org or (630) 910-2087
- Uncorrected vision of 20/100, corrected to at least 20/20 in the better eye and 20/40 in the poorer eye, with the ability to distinguish between colors and shades as required by the position;
- No felony convictions; no misdemeanors which preclude service as a firefighter by statute (65 ILCS 5/10-1- 7.1(i));
- Qualified candidates will undergo an in-depth background investigation and a thorough physical evaluation prior to a conditional offer of employment by the Orland Fire Commission.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, July 25, 2015
Tinley Park Convention Center; North Entrance
18451 Convention Center Dr.
Tinley Park, IL 60477
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 9:00 a.m. with photo identification (valid driver’s license or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
The Orland Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer; women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.